CUPERTINO, Calif.—May 25, 2015 - Bob Zeidman is proud to announce the six winners of the first annual Zeidman Awards, a program established to recognize middle school students in the fields of electrical engineering or computer science who demonstrate an advanced knowledge of electronics or computer programming to solve challenges in a unique and efficient manner.
The awards were presented during the 15th Synopsys Science & Technology Championship at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center. Earlier this year, more than 900 middle and high school students from across Santa Clara County convened at the event to display their research projects.
This was the inaugural year for the Zeidman Awards, created by engineer-scientist-entrepreneur Bob Zeidman. After reviewing presentations and interviewing students, a panel of 25 judges selected finalists from among 122 eligible projects. Zeidman conducted interviews with each finalist before determining the winners.
"All of the students were excited, knowledgeable, and articulate. Although just six received awards this year, the large number of entries should give us hope about the future of science and technology in America," said Bob Zeidman. "Congratulations to these exceptional young people. Your rewards were well deserved, and we look forward to watching your trajectories in the decades to come."
Awards included cash prizes and signed copies of Zeidman's book, Just Enough Electronics to Impress Your Friends and Colleagues!
The winners are:
- Raghav Ganesh, Miller Middle School, San Jose: Developing an Electronic Wearable and Customizable Solution to Predict and Prevent Autistic Meltdowns
- Sanjana V. Shah, Kennedy Middle School, Cupertino: Text Compression Algorithm Based on Popularity Using Global English Dictionary
- Srinath Somasundaram, Harker School, San Jose: A Novel Design and Evaluation of an Air Cushioning Mechanism for Helmets to Minimize Impact Acceleration on the Head
- Adishree Ghatare, Challenger School Shawnee, San Jose: Adjusting Blood Sugar Levels to Address Diabetes
- Anika Cheerla, Kennedy Middle School, Cupertino: Automated Diagnosis of Alzheimer's from MRI Images
- Mokshith Voodarla and Shiven Gupta, Lawson Middle School, Cupertino: Wearable Device for the Visually Impaired
About Zeidman Consulting
Zeidman Consulting, headquartered in Silicon Valley, is one of the leading firms for analyzing and reverse-engineering software and providing expert witness services for IP litigation. Zeidman Consulting has been involved in some of the largest and landmark high tech IP cases in history.